Explore and discover the beauty of the Bacalar lagoon in Mexico on a sightseeing boat tour. The excursion includes a professional bilingual guide (spanish and english), snacks and beverages.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE TOUR?
The first glimpse you’ll have of this beautiful lagoon is at our marina, where we will meet your boat guide, who will be in charge of your tour from that moment on.
The first place to visit in the Bacalar Lagoon is “Cenote Esmeralda”, where you’ll be amazed by the different shades of blue and understand why the Bacalar Lagoon is frequently referred as the 7 colors lagoon. Our next stop is “Cenote Cocalitos”, home of stromatolites, that are known as living stones and are considered the oldest form of life in the planet.
The third point to enjoy will be “Black Cenote” which is an open sky cenote and also the deepest point of the lagoon. Don’t have to worry about the depth, you’ll have life-vests to swim around the cenote if you choose to do so.
The final spot to explore is the Pirate Channel, as you’ll be explained, pirates used to enter Bacalar by using this channel to steal local precious wood. This spot is not deep and is ideal for swimming in the fresh water of Bacalar, you’ll also have a beautiful view of the different shades of blue of the Lagoon and it’s the perfect place for you to enjoy a skin exfoliation rub using the mineralized mud of the lagoon!
Meeting point: “Costa Maya Yellow Cab”
Drinks: beer, juice, sodas and water
Fruit and snacks
Lunch at an authentic Mexican restaurant
Transportation round trip: Costa Maya – Bacalar
- You will receive confirmation at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. You will get a full refund if poor weather prevents us from doing the excursion.
- Payment is fully refundable if for any reason cruise ship doesn’t call port at all in Costa Maya.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. You will get a full refund if this happens.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. Cancelling between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. In case of cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.